Monday, May 23, 2011

Oh Dear

Ambree is my daughter. I don't remember what I was like at 3 years old (my aunt Caroline might be able to help me in this area), but I do remember how I thought starting around the age of 7. I thought I knew how to do everything. If I saw a task or a problem, I just knew I could figure it out. This personality flaw still haunts me at times today, though experience has shown me that, no, I don't know what I'm talking about 99% of the time.

Today, though, I heard my exact words come from my daughter about something so specific, and yet, something she has never heard me say before. On an evening walk, she saw that they were building a new home in our neighborhood, with only the wooden frame setup:

Ambree: I could build a house.
Me: Oh, really?
Ambree: You just put down some logs.

I tried not to laugh out loud, and this is probably only funny to Sean and me, but I often try to jump start a project by explaining to Sean how simple it must really be, and on a specific occasion or two, it involved just placing a wood border.

No comments:

Post a Comment