Monday, May 23, 2011

Another Oh Dear Moment

We begin most shopping trips at HEB with a lollipop. It started long ago, when the only sugar Ambree had all week was this lollipop (then I got pregnant with Jack, and ice cream cones from McDonalds became a daily norm...).

So today, we were waiting by the side entrance check-out stand to get a lollipop, because here you can just get the candy and not mess with the unnecessary balloon. But there was a long line. A sweet lady already in line noticed me trying unsuccessfully to get the cashier's attention and encouraged us to just go ahead of her. (It should be noted that this lady was heavy set and very busty).

Lady, to Ambree: Oh, are you a big sister? You're shirt says you're a big sister.
Ambree: Yes. I am running errands with Mommy!
Me: (smiling politely while waiting for the lollipop)
Ambree: Mommy, what is in her belly?
Me: (trying not to smile) Um, not now sweetie. Let's get your lollipop....
Ambree: Mommy, I am asking you a question!
Me: (Now trying not to turn red or make eye contact with anyone, and praying for Ambree to hush!) Ambree, show me patience.
Ambree: (clasped her hands together and waited)

It should be noted that this command rarely is so effective, but I was so grateful for it worked today!

I'm sure the lady understood Ambree, but hopefully didn't think that Ambree thought she was pregnant- Ambree may have just said something because she was so busty, but I may just bring my own lollipop next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment