Monday, May 24, 2010

Jack

I haven't posted about my pregnancy much mostly because I would either just be complaining or it would be boring. The first trimester, I had sworn off procreation, but God was gracious, and I have forgotten how bad it was. Then my second trimester was fairly uneventful except for fairly consistent early braxton hicks contractions due to an irritable uterus (they started at about 6-8 weeks). I felt him kick at 15 weeks, and a week later Sean could feel him. Third trimester has been more of the same, but at 28 weeks I started requesting that I be checked for dialation because my contractions were so intense at times. At 28 weeks, I was 1cm.
Then last Thursday night (33wks, 4days), Sean and I snuck away for a dinner together and then planned to run errands while my mom babysat. Because my nesting instinct has kicked in, I had been polishing the kitchen cabinets and mopping the floors earlier. While I was getting ready to go out, I knew I was having fairly regular, mild contractions, but I was busy and didn't pay much attention to it. Then on the way to dinner, I decided to start counting how far apart. They were about 3-5 minutes, sometimes seeming back-to-back, but still very mild.
When it was time to order for dinner, it had been a couple of hours of contractions pretty close together, so we called Ed and I texted a friend who use to work as an OB nurse. Both of them said to get home, rest and drink tons of water.
Turns out I was probably just dehydrated (since then I've up'd my water intake to 12 glasses), but over all the episode last about 4-5 hours. The next day I had a scheduled appointment and I wasn't dialated more than before so they had all been false contractions. All I could think during it though, was NOTHING is ready- his room isn't set up, the house is not deep cleaned, baby clothes haven't been cleaned and he doesn't even have a middle name!
At this point, we don't have any reason to think Jack will be early, and I have been reduced to minimal physical activity, but all of this has me excited for his arrival. Another baby! We can't wait, well we want to wait for at least 4 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment