Friday, May 28, 2010

34 weeks, 5 days

I just had my 34 week appointment for Jack. Because of all of my contractions, my MD decided to do an extra ultrasound, which was a real treat. It's crazy to see how big he is! He's in the 78th percentile, already weighing as much as 6lbs 9oz. The ultrasound technician said that her measurements can often make the baby seem bigger than they really are, but still! At this rate he will be about the same as Ambree was (8lbs, 1oz) or bigger. Unlike usual, though, he was pretty sleepy and didn't move much for us.
The MD also did an exam to see if I am having effective contractions, and unfortunately, I am. I am 50% effaced, -2cm, and 1cm dialated, and consequently on strict activity restrictions. Everything I asked her if I could do, she responded with a swift NO! Not until at least next week, but probably 37weeks, does she want me doing much of anything. I don't really know how this is going to look. I'm not on bedrest, I don't think, but it is going to be nearly impossible not to clean the house with this crazy nesting instinct kicking in, and I really have no idea how this will work with my 30lb toddler.
I don't want to miss out on the last opportunities I will have with Ambree as my only child, but I definately want Jack to stay in the belly as long as possible. Awww, Mommy Guilt! I am blessed to have a three day weekend coming up, so Sean can help (mind you he is still recovering from knee surgery), and then I have a friend who already offered to help on Tuesday. In all of this helplessness, I am left with prayer. That's probably the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment