Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm a big girl

Daddy's turn to share some little milestones - nothing huge, but big enough to realize that there really are new steps every day.

For some time now, Ambree has known when she has done something wrong - but suddenly now as soon as the offense has been committed, she will turn to either of us to both sign & say "I'm sorry...". The jury is out as to whether or not she actually means it ;)

During bath time, I've been trying to teach her to blow bubbles in the water. Part fun, and part to teach her that when her face is in the water, inhaling is not the thing to do! She gets quite a kick out of my demonstrations, but hasn't quite got it down just yet. During these bath time games she spends a lot of time on her tummy in the water, and likes to glide around the bath tub. Tell her "lets swim!", and she will give you a big silly grin, and then flip on to her tummy and give little froggy kicks around her tiny pool.

Going to sleep has been harder then normal this week, as she is trying to get over her sickness and still has a lot of congestion. I've discovered that when she wakes up, 99% of the time its not that she wants her nose wiped, or her diaper changed, or a new stuffed animal, its simply that she wants one more hug and kiss before going to sleep. My last trip in to her room tonight ended with a tight squeeze around my neck, a kiss on my cheek, and her informing me that she is now a "big girl" who is ready for "sleepy".

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment