Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's Pretend

Here are some of the more ridiculous things that have been added to my job description:

Chase and be chased by a 2 1/2 ft T Rex for literally 15 minutes, thanks to a costume I found on discount at the Disney Store. Fifteen minutes is a long time to run, especially if you're not a runner like I'm not. I was sweating and finally had to sit and rest because I was dizzy from our circular course around the coffee table!
Ride a sleigh to the North Pole, taking turns posing as either Santa Claus or Frosty, led by reindeer, of course. This is particularly ridiculous because we don't "do" Santa- no talk about him bringing us toys or setting out cookies. But she did see him everywhere this season, including shows, where she absorbed everything. But its also ridiculous because it involves a grown woman sitting on a push toy that she has imagined into a sleigh. Once she wanted me to sit on the steering wheel like it was the back seat- I basically had to squat over it to make sure it didn't just break. This reindeer game doesn't last long anytime I play.

One of the less physically demanding new tasks involved trying to find imaginary bugs. Obviously you can't see them, so it proved to be difficult. Luckily she loves to play off of someone elses imagination, too, so I can pretend all sorts of random things are bugs.
I also work as a train conductor and/or T-Rex, who offers rides on the Mommy Train/T-Rex. Before nap times, I found that a quick ride on my back shortens our routine to about 4 minutes. Defininately worth it :)
Probably the most difficult things I am asked to do, but of yet unable to complete, involve requests with Chloe. Chloe is not great at playing hide-n-seek, sitting for tea time or flying. I may not get a good review at the next quarter in this department.

No comments:

Post a Comment